· PhD degree in Microbiology or a MSc degree in Microbiology or a related field with evidence of submission of PhD thesis for examination.
· Experience in teaching in a relevant field at tertiary level.
· Evidence of presentations at national or international conferences.
· Current research activity as evidenced by publication(s) in quality scientific journals.
· PhD degree in Microbiology or a related field.
· Evidence of appropriate teaching experience in a relevant field at tertiary level.
· Evidence of current and sustained research publication record in quality scientific journals, appropriate for the level.
· A track record of successful supervision of postgraduate students at Masters and/or PhD level as appropriate for the level.
· Demonstrated ability to apply for research grants, either as the Principal Investigator or as a member of a team.