· PhD degree in Geological Sciences
· Evidence of teaching experience and leadership in curriculum development in a relevant field at tertiary level.
· Excellent and sustained publication of independent research in quality scientific journals, appropriate for the level.
· Excellent and sustained track record of successful supervision of postgraduate students at Masters and PhD level, appropriate for the level.
· Excellent and sustained track record of successful attraction of external research grants.
· Evidence of strong and sustained academic leadership within the Department / School/ College/ University, which includes mentorship and coaching.
· Evidence of national and international recognition in a research area within the discipline.