· A PhD degree in Marine Biology or a relevant related field
· Evidence of appropriate teaching experience in a relevant field at tertiary level.
· Evidence of current and sustained research publication record in quality scientific journals, appropriate for the level.
· A track record of successful supervision of postgraduate students at Masters and/or PhD level appropriate for the level.
· Demonstrated ability to apply for research grants, either as the principal investigator or as a member of a team.
· PhD degree in Marine Biology or related discipline OR MSc degree in Marine Biology or related discipline with evidence of submission of PhD for examination.
· Experience in teaching in a relevant field at tertiary institution.
· Evidence of presentations at national or international conference(s).
· Current research activity as evidenced by a publication in quality scientific journals.