Professional Nurse Fixed Term Contract
Listing reference: ukzn_000085
Listing status: Under Review
Apply by: 21 March 2023
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: Nursing Staff
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
EE position: No
The Student Health department provides a range of primary health care support to students. Applications are invited from Professional Nurses with experience of providing a primary health care service.
We require a Professional Nurse who will provide a comprehensive Primary Health Care service to the University's students.
Duties will include health education in the clinic and wherever required on the campus - residences, orientation days, open days, and so on.
Nurses are required to assist with VCT and Occupational Health programmes, and to protect patients from medico-legal hazards by working within the confines and requirements of the South African Nursing Council, the Department of Health, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and any other relevant legislation; whilst abiding by University policy and procedure.
· a 3-year degree or diploma in Nursing with Midwifery
· Three years of relevant clinical experience in a primary health care environment
· Certificate in Primary Health Care
· Computer literacy
· Current registration with the SANC
· Be able to work under pressure and work with minimum supervision
· Be able to work after hours and during weekends when necessary.