Quality Inspector X4 (Peromnes Grade 09) Howard College, Westville, Edgewood, Pietermaritzburg
- The Quality Inspector will regularly inspect all buildings on the campus, including residential buildings and will log calls for any minor defects that are found that need to be rectified. Any major defects will be recorded and will be reported.
- The Quality Inspector will collect a random sample of jobs from each discipline on a weekly basis and inspect the work that has been carried out by the contractors to ensure the quality and quantities conform with UKZN Standards and quantities being billed. This may be carried out as part of the building inspections.
- Inspects facilities jobs related to the maintenance of the existing buildings, including building fabric, minor building alterations, new capital works.
- Ensures that all facilities work is carried out to prescribed quality specifications and performed in accordance with all safety regulations (OHS ACT and Construction Regulations). This would include the quality of installations of all items including plumbing and electrical fittings
- Conducts regular inspections to verify that equipment, tools and personal protection equipment used in building maintenance and operations are in good working order and comply with legislation/regulations
- Instructs service providers to remedy deviations
- Ensures and verifies that work is completed as per the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and that the quality and quantities of work not measured by SLA’s is correct.
- Attends site and progress meetings where required.
- Provides feedback reports on performance of service providers
- Assists with obtaining quotes for minor alterations (for example: floor coverings, sanding and sealing of timber floor, glazing, window blinds, solar films to windows, canopies over windows and doors, minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Provides reports on contractors not performing to the required standards or who are not billing correctly.
- Logs jobs on the Archibus system via the helpdesk for all Facilities related problems identified while inspecting buildings on the campus. These jobs will include garden and grounds and cleaning issues.
- Reports any fire equipment related issues to the relevant Health and Safety Officer and will escalate
- important issues.
- Grade 12 or NTC3 plus Trade Test or a Diploma in Built Sciences.
- 5 years post qualification experience in construction industry of which 2 years must be at senior level.
- Unendorsed driver’s license
- Computer literate
- General knowledge of electrical, plumbing, building and carpentry
- Knowledge of OHSA
- Practical knowledge and application of construction work
- Exposure to project management