1. Staff Leadership and Co-ordination
· Provides leadership and direction to the Campus Team
· Ensures that there is clear focus and co-ordination of all activities; and that there are clearly communicated performance standards and objectives.
· Ensures an integrated and cohesive approach to all activities through effective teamwork.
· Sets standards for individual and overall performance and takes steps to ensure the campus operates with a high performing and effective team.
· Monitors and provides regular feedback on individual performance and takes appropriate action where necessary.
· Assist with Developing Policies and setting Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for all functions in the units/sections for all campuses.
2. Budget and Financial Management
· Compiles and recommends sectional unit/sectional budgets for approval by Director
· Conducts resource planning for operational and capital expenditure
· Monitors costs and takes remedial action where any deviations occur
· Makes recommendations for unforeseen expenditure to Director for approval purposes
· Authorizes expenditure up to prescribed limits
· Develop specifications for projects (when required), SLAs and participate in the procurement processes
3. Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness
· Develops, implements and monitors department's strategic and operational plans
· Plans, directs and controls all facilities and registry operations and functions
· Carries out regular inspections of all buildings on campus, including residences and ensures that defects identified are resolved or included in future maintenance plans.
· Plans for long-term facilities upgrade and infrastructure needs
· Implements effective asset management
· Monitors and evaluates the department's performance/service in terms of:
- cost saving targets.
- customer satisfaction and service levels
- budget performance
- adherence to standard operating procedures
- resource allocation
· Establishes effective reporting and monitoring tools
· Contributes to the establishment of sustainability projects and implements them within the cluster operations
· Submits regular reports to Director on services rendered, budgets, operational issues and expenditure and staffing
· Monitors trends and benchmarks within Facilities environment against other tertiary institutions and makes recommendations to Director
· Manage all non-commercial spaces
· Develops and manages business continuity initiatives
· Develops and manages risk registers
4. Contract Management
· Monitors SLAs, stakeholder relationships and contracts
· Define and monitor the provision of customer service
· Performs regular service reviews to ensure compliance to standard operating procedures
· Evaluates tender documents and participates in the selection of service providers
· Sets SLA's and ensures that Contractor work is carried out in terms of client requirements and SLA
· Facilitates project management of all projects
5. Safety, Energy and Environment Management
· Compliance with buildings and environmental regulations, health and safety standards and regulations.
· Ensures that there is adherence with sustainability program initiatives
· Ensures there is adherence to Energy and Environmental Management Policy
· Researches and makes informed decisions/recommendations on sustainability measures and compliance issues.